More and more people are looking into opening their own clip store, or are considering the benefits of being on multiple.
It’s very easy to get carried away and a lot of pros and cons I want to look at in this guide.
Firstly. Having a clip store at all.
- Revenue source (via clip sales)
- Good passive income (clips that are listed always have a potential to sell and make money)
- A way to promote yourself or brand (people see you, your name, etc. more and become more aware of you)
- Depending on what resources you have there are set up costs (recording equipment, lights, editing software/computer, the actual costs of making the clips.)
- The time (planning, losing a day to making clips, then having to edit/upload/etc. while also keeping on top of rule changes or fighting piracy)
- It’s a risk (the cost to make the clips exists, but there’s never any certainty they’ll do well)
- Once it’s on the web, it’s on the web (if you decide to later leave the industry, pulling everything down can be a losing battle)
Now it might be at this point, for whatever reason, you decide not to proceed in opening a clip store. Some people love filming. Some find it lacks the rhythm of a session.
But, if you continue – then I recommend opening a clip store on just one platform. But if you are on one platform already and are looking at branching out and opening a clip store on others. read more